Are you eagerly awaiting the arrival of your precious little one? As you prepare for this incredible journey of parenthood, creating a safe and comfortable nursery is a top priority. To ensure you don’t miss a thing, we’ve put together the ultimate baby nursery checklist that covers everything from essentials to the tiniest details.
Before we delve into the checklist, be sure to download our FREE printable checklist so you can keep track of your nursery preparations effortlessly.
- Crib or Bassinet: Choose a sturdy and JPMA-certified crib or bassinet that meets safety standards.
- Mattress: Opt for a firm, well-fitting mattress designed for infants.
- Fitted Crib Sheets: Have at least two sets of soft, fitted crib sheets.
- Blankets: Swaddle blankets for newborns and cozy blankets for older babies.
- Sleep Sacks: Consider sleep sacks to keep your baby snug without loose blankets.
- Changing Table or Pad: A designated changing space with all necessary supplies.
- Diapers and Wipes: Stock up on diapers and baby wipes in different sizes.
- Clothing: Onesies, sleepers, socks, and weather-appropriate outfits.
- Feeding Supplies: Bottles, nipples, formula or breast pump, and sterilizing equipment.
- Storage Solutions: Dresser, shelves, or storage bins for baby’s clothes and essentials.
- Nursing Chair or Glider: A comfortable chair for feeding and soothing your baby.
- Nightlight: A soft nightlight for late-night feedings and diaper changes.
- Baby Monitor: Invest in a reliable baby monitor to keep an eye (and ear) on your baby.
- Outlet Covers: Babyproof your nursery with outlet covers.
- Safety Gates: Install safety gates at the entrance if your nursery is not on the same floor as your living space.
- Cord Shorteners: Use cord shorteners or wind cords out of reach to eliminate strangulation hazards.
- Furniture Anchors: Secure heavy furniture like dressers and bookshelves to the wall.
- Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Detectors: Ensure these life-saving devices are installed and functional in your nursery.